Under the direction of Sr Marana Saad, Saint Rafqa’s Choir has established its reputation as one of the leading choirs in Lebanon. The choir has participated in concerts alongside prominent orchestras, received many invitations to festivals, and has also collaborated with other leading choirs. The choir provides education in the field of sacred music —specifically Maronite sacred music, Oriental and Lebanese classical music, for both choral and solo.
Since its foundation in 2010, several masses, concerts, festivals and occasions each year have allowed Saint Rafqa’s to showcase their work technically, vocally and musically. Some of the most known: Christmas concert at the presidential palace in Baabda, concerts at the Maronite Catholic Patriarchate in Bkerke and at different churches and theatres in every corner of Lebanon. The choir has participated in concerts with orchestras and has received invitations to international festivals and big celebrations and events, such as: Festival in Cyprus (September 2013), Lebanese international choir festival (May 2015), celebrations of Saint Maroun’s feast in Rome (February 2016), World Youth Day with The Pope Francis in Poland (August 2016), and Saint Anthony Maronite Catholic Church Festivities in Virginia – USA (October 2016)
Saint Rafqa’s Choir has also presented an operette with live orchestra - Rafqa’s musical theatre (March 2014). Moreover, the choir has recorded and performed many soundtracks for TV and movies, namely “Ghadi” written by Georges Khabbaz (2013). Saint Rafqa’s choir presented big events with different orchestras in concerts with prominent artists such as Magida El Roumi and with Charbel Rouhana in “Let Your Light Shine” at the Casino Du Liban . In summer 2014, Saint Rafqa’s Choir organized a festival titled “Friendship between choirs” in Lebanon, where they hosted music and choral workshops and invited leading choirs in Lebanon.
Saint Rafqa’s choir has participated in different workshops and conferences, and has recorded CD’s of sacred music and performed in TV programs as actors and choristers (Bmiladak niyyi hdiyyi – LBCI / December 2014), (Kermal el Insan – MTV / December 2015).
Saint Rafqa’s Choir’s objectives are to:
1. Transmit the Christian message to the faithful through music.
2. Animate the celebration of the sacraments and the music festivals.
3. Promote the classical and sacred music in Lebanon.
4. Protect the form and the repertoire of the traditional and contemporary Syro-Maronite sacred music.
CDs and DVDs:
- 31st WYD, Krakow 2016 - Special CD for the World Youth Day
- Qyomto – Special song and card for Easter day – 2016.
- Ya Bayyi – Special song for Father’s day - 2015
- Rafqa - Musical Theatre CD – 2014
- Mother, Mirror of the Sky; CD of chants on the occasion of Mother’s Day (2011)
- Fawh Al Qadassa; religious chant on the occasion of the beatification of
- Brother Estephan Nehme (2010)
- Miladyat; Christmas chants (2008)
- The Mass according to the rite of the Syro-Maronite Antioche church, CD & DVD (2008)
- Alliance of Love and prayer, 14 sacred chants (2007).